International Student FAQ

Who is eligible to purchase the International Student plans?

International Students with F-1 visas who are enrolled in a full-time associate, bachelor, master or Ph.D. program, or formal ESL program at a university, who are currently registered with no less than 6 credit hours (unless such school’s full-time status requires less credited hours), and International Visiting Scholars with J-1 visas are eligible to enroll in this insurance plan. The six credit hours requirement is waived for summer, if the applicant was enrolled in this plan as a full time student in the immediately preceding spring term.

Do the PGH Global plans meet the minimum insurance requirements of my school?

PGH Global strives to offer plans that are comprehensive and meet a multitude of minimum requirements. However, requirements differ by institution. Download the comparison table below to show your adviser for approval.

International Student Health Plans Comparison

Please be aware, these are general policy comparisons. Schools and/or organizations may have special and specific policies not listed here. Get a quote under your school or organization for more information

Will my International Student health insurance cover my dependents?

Yes. If your dependents will be joining you during your studies in the US you may add your spouse and dependent children (26 and under) to your policy. You will have the option to add your dependents after you have entered your initial information. You must purchase coverage for your dependents at the same time you enroll yourself in the policy.

What payment options to I have to purchase coverage?

All payments are made online. PGH Global accepts most major credit cards including; Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, and Diner’s Club.

Where can I get an ID card?

You can find your ID card online through your MyAccount (link to my account page on PGH website). From your MyAccount you can print your ID card. Your printed ID card will be accepted everywhere you need to use it. Permanent ID cards are sent out by request only. You can request your permanent ID card through your MyAccount. You will need to provide a US mailing address in order to complete the process.

What are my purchase options?

Students may purchase a minimum of 3 month and a maximum of 12 months at a time.

Need for help with insurance options and definitions?

Have other Questions? We would be happy to help you. Give us a call at +91 9650836644 or Email Us.